Saturday, October 4, 2008

A funeral and LOTS OF TRAFFIC!!!


Yesterday, we headed to San Antonio to pay respects to one of my aunts that had passed away. After the funeral we headed back to my grandmothers house to hang out for a while. We dedided to leave around 8 to get back around 9:15pm and get the kids to bed... WRONG!!! We made it all the way to Kyle which is about 20 minutes from our house at about 8:45pm to hit BUMPER TO BUMPER traffic. I mean literally a parking lot. We sat in traffic from 8:45pm till 12:30pm! I could not believe it. Luckily, we had our Iphones and I logged onto the news website to find out that the highway was closed for 5 miles due to an accident or something like that. I got nervous about 2 hours into it because we were on empty and not moving at all. In three hours we moved 3 miles. Thank god for Robb's Iphone. It had this amazing GPS device on it and we cut across a HUGE ditch and median and made a uturn back a mile and took back roads. I cannot believe that we sat in that crap yesterday. We saw a man break down and have to push his car off the side of the road, 2 guys walking up and down the side of the street 2 different times to try and walk and find out what the problem was, various different varieties of music (some crazy, some annoying), and tons of exhaust!!!! Luckily, we are home!

No comments: