Thursday, May 22, 2008

Athena goes to the Planetarium!

Today, Noah's school took the much anticipated field trip to the Planetarium in Killeen, Texas. (About 1 hr 15 min away) I loaded up the van with 4 other kids and 3 other adults besides myself, noah and maya and started the trek. The kids were all very excited to be going, they had been waiting for a little over a month or so. We got to killeen and ate lunch around a little pond full of ducks, which all the kids were excited about... Noah kept throwing his lunch to them.... Oh my Noah! :) We got to the planetarium and watched a 45 min show, about "in my backyard". I was totally taken back by what it actually was. I guess I was expecting IMAX quality??? I'm not sure, but the long trek didn't seem worth what I was seeing... Anyway, the kids enjoyed it and got frizbees as a souvenier from the place.... Once in the van we were on our way back.... When I finally made it back to the school parking lot I yelled! WE MADE IT!!! Here are some pictures to enjoy!
My chowing down on her lunch!
Noah so ready to take off to the duck pond and throw his bun!
Singing a planet song before the show.
More Singing.
Looking down on different planets that were on the floor.
Some of the kids carseats for the trip, Maya decided to buckle herself in before it was even time to go... in someone else's seat!!!
Noah's schoolmate Emerson... Noah was taking pictures on the way up there.
Another picture from Noah of Bibi.
One more from Noah, this is Bibi and Madison
Such a cute shot from the duckpond!!! I hade to catch it.


No comments: