Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ankle Surgery

Yes, unfortunately I had to end up having reconstructive ankle surgery due to 2 torn tendons. It's crazy how supposedly a sprain from over 2 years ago ended with me having ankle surgery. The surgery went fine with only a few hiccups i am home recovering. I found out that I cannot drive for 3.5 weeks, which was a complete shock to me. Being stuck at home has its advantages but its disadvantages.. After a week in crutches and a cast wrap I am not in a walking boot. I take the boot off 3 times a day and stretch for 5 minutes. Its been difficult at times, but at this point what i tell myself is to take one day at a time.

My temporary cast.

The day i got my walking boot.... I don't look to happy, I was in a lot of pain!!!

The inner part of my foot (1/14/10)
The outer part of my ankle (1/14/10) First time to see my foot since surgery.

No comments: